Tuesday 9 October 2012

ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS ACHEBE ON CIVIL WAR

Just Got this from the Web.

"After the American Civil War, Abraham Lincoln has this to say to calm fray nerves, which I expected Prof. Chinua Achebe to do instead of reliving old wounds:


"Though passion may have strained,
it must not break our bonds of affection. 
The mystic chords of memory will yet swell...
when again touched, as surely they will be, 
by the better angels of nature."
- Abraham Lincoln. 1st Inaugural Address, 
4 March, 1861.

I strongly appeal to Nigerians of different extractions to 
imbibe this spirit and let's build a new nation where love thrives." Segun Dipe.


That being said prof Achebe is a legend and I respect him I still remember climbing my favorite tree to read his books in Jos. God Bless Nigeria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment